This page lists the classrooms with equipment ready for the lecture capture service (LCS) using the Panopto recorder software installed in the classrooms desktop/notebook PCs. (Teachers can also install the software in their own PCs. See http://moodle-support.hku.hk/teacher/lcs-panopto-user-guides.)
The classrooms are equipped with
- wireless microphone system with audio signal fed into the PC,
- ceiling-mounted video cam and
- visualizer (document cam).
Panopto always records audio from the wireless microphone. It can optionally capture simultaneously the videos of camera feeds, visualizer and classroom PC screen (Powerpoint presentation or desktop display while other software is running).
A teacher can readily record lectures using Panopto, e.g. for the following scenarios:
- audio and Powerpoint slides
- audio, PowerPoint slides, and videos from webcam of the classroom PC and ceiling cam
- audio, PowerPoint slides, other software demonstration on desktop screen, and video from a cam brought in by the teacher
Then the teacher can easily publish the link to view the lecture recording (called "pancast") via the Moodle system.
In a more advanced usage, teachers can edit a pancast before releasing it for viewing by students in Moodle.
For more information about LCS, please visit the video tutorials at http://moodle-support.hku.hk/video/panopto_teacher and user guides at http://moodle-support.hku.hk/teacher/lcs-panopto-user-guides.
|Main Campus Classrooms||Centennial Campus Classrooms|