The residential hall network is a WiFi network in general that provides hall network access. Each residential room in halls has a dedicated WiFi access point (AP) that supports with latest WiFi 6 standard. The core network in each hall has a 1-Gigabit or 10-Gigabit ethernet connection that connects back to the HKU campus network.
The residential halls include the following:
- Graduate House
- Robert Black College
- Madam S. H. Ho Residence for Medical Students
- Patrick Manson Student Residence
- Pokfield Road Residences (Student Residences)
- R. C. Lee Hall
- Ricci Hall
- Wei Lun Hall
- Lee Hysan Hall
- St. John's College
- University Hall
- Simon K. Y. Lee Hall
- Swire Hall
- Jockey Club Student Village I (Ho Tim Hall, Starr Hall and Lady Ho Tung Hall)
- Jockey Club Student Village II (Morrison Hall, Suen Chi Sun Hall and Lee Shau Kee Hall)
- Jockey Club Student Village III (Shun Hing College, Lap Chee College, Chi Sun College and New College)
- Ching Lin Terrace Residence
- Student Flats
The WiFi network in hall provides “HKU” services for students, as well as “WiFi.HK via HKU” for guests. See the link below for the instructions for connecting to Hall Network:
All hall residents should note the ITS policies, Campus Network Acceptable Use Policies, for connecting to the hall network. The policies are to ensure the proper use of the University’s network resources in the halls.
For WiFi access, students can access the “Wi-Fi.HK via HKU”service (requires no prior configuration) before their mobile devices are configured for connecting to the University’s WiFi network, “HKU”. However, please note that the Wi-Fi.HK via HKU is only for quick and immediate network access in an unsecure mode within limited bandwidth.
For accessing the campus network services outside the University network, you will need to first login the HKUVPN gateway using your HKU Portal UID and PIN. See https://www.its.hku.hk/documentation/guide/network/remote/hkuvpn2fa for the configuration and connection steps for making HKUVPN connection.