We are pleased to inform you that ITS has completed the setup of a new email infrastructure to prepare for the upcoming upgrade of the central email and calendar service for staff, which run on HKUCC1, from Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 to 2013.
There are over 12,000 staff and departmental accounts running on HKUCC1, each has a default disk quota of 5GB. Due to the large number of accounts and volume of data involved, it takes time to migrate all of them. To minimize service interruption, Microsoft Exchange 2007 and 2013 had been configured to run in parallel for a period of time since 4 April 2015 to facilitate the migration of staff and departmental mailboxes in batches. We target to complete the migration of all the mailboxes by end of August 2015.
The following are the highlights of the new features after your mailbox is migrated to Exchange 2013:
(1) New webmail (OWA) user interface (accessible from https://webmail.hku.hk) or MyEmail tab of HKU Portal;
(2) Support automatic configuration of email client program by simply entering the email address and HKU Portal PIN (supported email clients include Microsoft Outlook for Windows or Mac, native Mail App on IOS or Android and Apple Mail on Mac);
(3) Support the setup of “Out of Office” automatic replies on Microsoft Outlook (currently this can only be done under the OWA interface);
(4) “MailTips” feature on OWA through which you will be notified of the availability of the recipients before your message is sent out;
(5) Self-service mail delivery report to check the delivery status of sent email items; and
(6) A new archive service with unlimited quota based on Microsoft In-place Archive to replace the current Symantec Enterprise Vault archive service, providing personalized archive policy settings and easy-to-use manual archive or restore through drag-and-drop operation.
Staff users will be notified individually of the details on migration of their mailboxes, calendars and contacts from Microsoft Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013. Users are not required to change any settings of their email clients after the migration.
If you have any questions on the above, please feel free to contact the undersigned.
Tel: 3917 5184