Configuration Procedure for Windows 10 (To be done once only)
The following is a sample procedure on Windows 10 PC configuration for enabling HKU:
Right click Windows Start button . Then select Control Panel.
Click Network and Internet.
Click Network and Sharing Center.
Click Set up a new connection or network.
Click Manually connect to a wireless network and choose Next.
- In Manually connect to a wireless network,
In Network name field: enter HKU;
(Note: “HKU” is case-sensitive.)
In Security type field: select WPA2-Enterprise;
(Note: Both WPA-Entreprise and WPA2-Entreprise are supported in HKU. WPA-Entreprise may be more suitable or compatible for users of other Universities.)
Click Change connection settings.
- In the "HKU" Wireless Network properties window,
In the Connection tab, un-check all boxes.
- Select Security tab.
- Under Choose a network authentication method, select Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP).
- Un-check Remember my credentials for this connection each time I’m logged on.
Click Advanced Settings.
- In Advanced settings,
- Check Specify authentication mode: and select User or computer authentication.
- In the Protected EAP Properties window,
- Check Verify the server's identity by validating server certificate
- Check Connect to these servers and type 802.1x.hku.hk
- Check DigiCert Global Root CA
- Select Tell user if the server's identity can't be verified from Notifications before connecting drop down menu.
- Select Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP V2) from Select Authentication Method drop down menu.
Un-check Automaticlly use my Windows login name and password (and domain if any), then click OK.Click Change connection settings.
- Click OK twice to close the popup Windows, then click Close to finish.