You are here
Frequently Asked Questions - LAN
- I cannot connect to Campus LAN (Cable) Network
- What constitutes computer and network abuse?
- The Hall network speed is very slow especially in the evening
- What is an Ethernet Address and how to find out the Ethernet address of my network card?
- I moved to another hall. Can my network card be used in the other hall?
- How can I register my network card and How many network cards can I register?
- How can I get a new IP address from the DHCP server?
- Why can't I connect to the Hall Network even though I am a hall resident?
- I am a visitor to HKU and staying in a residence hall. How can I use the hall network?
- How do I obtain an IP address automatically from the DHCP server?
- What are the platforms that Information Technology Services provides technical support for connecting to the hall network?
- I cannot access the network due to IP address conflict.
- How to connect to the network from a Classroom?
- How to use the network services (e.g. SFTP, SSH)?
- How do I apply for my own IP address or register my server in the HKU DNS?
- "Network Error 38: The computer name you specified is already in use on the network."
- What are IP subnets currently in use in HKU Campus Network?