HKU Virtual PC (VPC) supports connection from outside the campus network. All registered VPC users can connect their VPC through any Windows-based PCs in case they are outside their office where the VPC box is located.
Installed HKU Virtual Private Network (HKUVPN) with 2-Factor Authentication (2FA)
1. Download and install VMware client from here (HKU Portal login is required).
2. After the download is completed, double click to unzip the downloaded file. Then double click to install the unzipped file “VMware-Horizon-Client”.
3. Click “Agree & Install” to start the installation. Click “Restart Now” to restart your PC.
1. Connect to HKU Virtual Private Network (HKUVPN) (please refer to the prerequisite webpage for details).
2. Go to https://go.vpc.hku.hk/.
3. Enter your HKU Portal UID and PIN.
4. After a successful login, click Open under the tab “CATALOG”.
5. Click “Open Horizon Client”.
6. The VPC session will be established and you can start using your VPC.