- About CMS
- Key Benefits
- Provision through Central Cost
- Training Materials
- Get Started
ITS coordinates the subscription of Wix, an off-the-shelf cloud-based solution, to provide departments with a new alternative for setting up their websites.
Wix is best fit for HKU departments who wish to set up websites
- with simple layouts e.g. events/conferences/projects
- within a short timeframe
- with little website design/administration knowledge
- Wix template for HKU department website is available for use
Below are the features and characteristics of Wix:
- An easy to use website CMS, mainly by drag and drop
- Provide over 500 templates of website design and over 250 add-on features
- Artificial Design editor Intelligent (ADI) can set up a website for you by answering a few questions
- Mobile friendly (without additional efforts)
- Secure with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), ISO 27001 & ISO 27018 compliance
For more details, please view the training materials prepared by ITS (https://www.its.hku.hk/SMARTER-IT/cms#training_materials) and visit Wix’s website at https://www.wix.com.
- Quick win (short delivery lead time)
- Easy to set up and maintain a website (little/no programming skills is required)
- Nice templates and layouts readily available
Cloud-based solution requires
- No system set up
- No server maintenance/update effort
- Security compliance
- Each department will be provisioned with up to 3 CMS websites through central cost.
- Additional websites can be requested at the cost of HK$600/website on a yearly basis.
- A designated training website https://www.cms.its.hku.hk is set up by ITS using Wix. It consolidates the commonly used information for setting up a Wix website e.g. Get Started Guide for quick reference by departments. Departments can also refer to the information-rich website of Wix.
- Hands-on training are being arranged. Please click here for registration.
Please click here for the training materials of the hands-on training.
First thing first – please sign up a Wix account and a Wix site by following the procedures at https://www.cms.its.hku.hk/sign-up. After a Wix site is set up, please fill in CF83 - Application for Cloud-based Website Content Management System (CMS).
In case you have questions in using Wix, please contact