- Apple Mac OS X Version 10.5 to 10.12.
- Holding administrator account for application and print queue installation.
- Connect "HKU" or "Universities WiFi" before printing.
Note: "Wi-Fi.HK via HKU" or "eduroam" does NOT support uPrint service.
- Download the package:
For Mac OS X 10.5 to 10.9, click here.
For Mac OS X 10.10 to 10.12, click here.
- If your Mac is running OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or later, please follow the steps below to change the “Gatekeeper” settings to allow application downloaded from places other than the Mac App Store. If your Mac is running OS X version prior to 10.8, please go to step 3.
How to change Gatekeeper setting
- Go to “System Preferences…”
- Open “Security & Privacy”
- Click on “General” tab
- Then check “Anywhere” under “Allow applications downloaded from” section
- Open the downloaded file “uPrint_MacInstaller.dmg” from task bar.
- Click “uPrint MacInstaller” on desktop.
- Click the "uPrint_MacInstaller.pkg" package.
- Open the downloaded package, follow the on-screen instruction to install the printer driver. Under the “Introduction” section, click “Continue.
- Keep the default destination, click "Continue".
- Click “Install” button to proceed.
- A security dialog will then be prompted to ask for “Your Administrator Account” credentials as shown below, enter the username and password of your Mac, and click “Install Software” button.
- The installation will then begin.
- Click “Close” button when completed.
- Go to System Preferences, click “Print & Scan”.
- Select the Print queue named “uPrint_BW_PS” (for black and white printing).
- Depends on the OS X version, the system may prompt for additional installation. Please click “Install” button to proceed.
- Repeat step m - n for another print queue “uPrint_Color_PS” (for color printing).
- Please make sure your Mac is connected to HKU campus network ("HKU" or "Universities WiFi"). The uPrint for Mac is NOT support via other WiFi connection, such as “eduroam” or “HKU Open WiFi”.
- After submitting your print job to the uPrint printer, the system will prompts for authentication. Please enter your HKU Portal UID (preceded with “hkupc2\”) and PIN, and click “OK” to proceed.
- After successful authentication, the print job is submitted to the uPrint server. Please collect your print job from the nearby uPrint black & white or color printer.